Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fools Gold #3 Karen's block

Karen's blocks are wonderful. She said in her book that she would love a dragon. Since I had a good design in mind I indulged and did one for her. I used some gold stretch-lame that Gerry sent me for the dragon's body. Even got to use the goldwork technique of putting the lame over felt padding. This gave the little fellow a lovely 3D effect. Also found a lovely hand-blown glass bead for the center of the gold flower he is crouching on. I am very pleased with how he turned out.


Early stage













Early stage detail 1













Early stage detail2













Dragon & flower done

































Block all done!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had stitched that wonderful little dragon, he is so adorable. I love dragons and your really has personality plus. Great job!

    ReplyDelete